Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan #17

January 20 - February 5
 
I've got some exciting news everyone!  First-I figured out how to make a blog roll!  Woohoo!  I know...kind of lame, but when searching the design feature, it said "Blog List", and I was used to the term "Blog Roll", and alas, I missed it.  But...I did it!  So, check out some other blogs I follow!

Second-and this is a little bigger then creating a blog roll...Hubby and I bought a house!!!!!!!!!!   OMG...what a great feeling!  Of course, it's not totally real yet.  We put an offer in on Monday, went back and fourth for two days before they finally accepted our final offer, and now we have a signed contract.  Next is the inspection, appraisal and getting officially approved financing.  It won't feel really real until all that goes through.  But hey-we bought a house!  As of right now, we close on March 21st, which is my Spring Break.  So-I'll pack and do some cleaning at the new place.  We will officially move on Saturday, March 26th.  Then, DH has his spring break and he can organize the new place...and clean the old place!  (He doesn't know that part yet...haha).  And yes-I trust him to organize, he'll do a better job then me!

So, that's our big news for the week.  On to a new meal plan!  I came across a new recipe website called Simply Recipes.  Most of my meals this week come from here.  I've got two favorite dishes as a repeat again, and one attempt at "Clean Eating", from the Clean Eating Magazine website.   Enjoy!

Sunday  - Mom's Chili Beans
Monday - Broccoli Sausage Pasta
Tuesday - Quesadilla Pie
Wednesday - BLAT Wraps
Thursday - Chicken and Apples in a Honey Mustard Sauce
Friday - Hamburger and Macaroni
Saturday - Spinach and Chicken Sausage Pizza

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Grocery List

3 small onions
1 large head of broccoli 
1 avocado
1 tomato
1 jalapeno pepper (cooked or canned)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch parsley 
6 oz spinach leaves
2 apples
Lettuce
Garlic
2 lbs ground beef or turkey
1 lb of smoke sausage
2 all natural, deli chicken sausages
1 pkg bacon
1 lb chicken breats
8 oz penne pasta
16 oz pinto beans (uncooked or canned)
16oz white rice
1 pkg flour tortillas 
1 pkg macaroni pasta 
1 whole wheat thin crust pizza (Boboli)
Breadcrumbs 
2 14.5oz cans of no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 28oz can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
Ranch dressing
Apple cider
8 oz chicken broth
Cornstarch
Honey
Mustard
Worcestershire sauce
Parmesan cheese
Mild or sharp cheddar
Mozzarella cheese

*Check for spices you will need within each recipe!
*Decide on your own fillings and garnishes for the quesadillas (suggestions on website) and add that to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment