Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan #2

Welcome to week #2!  I hope you all had a successful week last week and enjoyed the meals.  If you have any comments and stories to share, please do so!  I wasn’t as successful.  I managed to make 3 of the meals I planned for.  Last Sunday we had a family party to go to, so I didn’t make it to the grocery store that day.  Then I was really tired after school on Monday and hubby said to just come home…that HE would go grocery shopping on Tuesday.  So, I took him up on it and we had Chinese.  But, I did manage to make the Red Bean and Orzo, Creamy Linguine and the Cajun Steak Sandwiches.  They were all great!  We had the Red Bean with Orzo and Creamy Linguine as left overs, too.  

While I will probably still make some of last weeks meals that I didn’t get too, I have a new list for you!  With it being Labor Day weekend, you might be going to a BBQ or party, so I’m going to throw in the classic burger meal.   To save time, unless I have adapted a recipe, I will only post the link to where it can be found. 

Enjoy week #2! 

September 4 – September 11

Monday – Chili using McCormick's Chili Seasoning
Wednesday – Broccoli-Sausage Pasta
Thursday  - Pan Seared Shrimp over Rice
Friday - Flank Steak with Mole Sauce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A note about the mole sauce:

When I first made this recipe, it seemed to be lacking some directions.  Unless you want a chunky sauce, I would suggest actually using a small food processor to puree the onion.  Additionally, it did not mention anything about deseeding the chilies.  You do not need to deseed if you don't mind a spicy mole sauce.  If you don't want it to be too spicy, then I would deseed then.  Also, I would try to puree them in the food processor as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Grocery List:

2lbs of ground beef
Real bacon bits
2 lbs of chicken breast
1 package smoked sausage
2 lbs of flank steak
1 lb pork tenderloin
1 1/2 lbs uncooked shrimp
Parsley
garlic
1 large head of broccoli
3 red onions
3 large dried chilies
1 sweet red or green pepper
green onions
1 packet of McCormick's chili seasoning
2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
horseradish sauce
sour cream
chicken broth
cider vinegar
lemon juice
red wine vinegar
soy sauce
honey
unsweetened baking chocolate
orange marmalade
rice wine vinegar
penne pasta
shredded cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns

No comments:

Post a Comment